Tuesday 15 May 2012

Sport deluxe


In the Covent Garden hotel last week, someone asked me my views on high-tops.  I have to admit I was a little taken aback, as I had not previously even given them a passing thought. And I definitely haven’t worn them since the 80s when I had a crush on the boys in A-ha!
But since that day in the hotel, high-tops seem to be everywhere I look. And sport deluxe generally is featuring in the spring collections of almost every designer, including Stella McCartney (unsurprisingly), Chloe, Marc Jacobs and even Mulberry.
See by Chloe high-tops

Isabel Marant jumpsuit


Culture inspiring fashion - of course. It’s doubtful if you want to call the Olympics 'culture' but let’s face it, it was always going to influence what we see in shop windows this spring.
So, moving up the leg, how about a pair of tailored silk tracksuit bottoms? Super stylish with a nod to sport but without scaring those with a track and field phobia.
And Stella McCartney’s for Adidas slouchy chic hoodie is very wearable:
Personally, yes I’m coming around and I’m having my eye on a pair of these Ash heeled high-tops:

x Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment